01 February 2009

optimistic pile of books

during the next month i have to abandon my beloved condo for several weeks while my ceilings are dropped, aired out and replaced with new insulation, water-proofing and drywall. i will move out all my cherished knick-knacks, doodly-dads, what-nots and brick-a-brack, leaving most my furniture alone here to stand up for itself. it's been liberating to clean out everything and make multiple donation drop-offs at the salvation army...especially since to begin with i don't really have that much stuff. except i do have a lot of books. somehow they multiply. i think there has been book-love going on, which i totally support and encourage, but regardless of what is going on under the covers i don't know what to do with them all. i really do love some more than others, the funny, intelligent,witty ones are my favorites. The books that i open, read the first page and go "i could have written that" well, i. i have to draw the line, i can't keep you all, i am not going to read you unless i am forced to by book club...even then it's a toss up. so here they sit on my table. the hardest decision of this whole transitional moving process has been to keep them, hope they grow on me enough to read them. or is it another trip to the goodwill? this would be easier if they just didn't look so cute stacked on my table.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Our book club is so bossy.

There was an Art Shanty taking book donations! And there is the Women's Prison Book Project.

Or bookcrossing.com freedom.

Or me!